by Yonette kelly
(New Jersey )

Right side of my head

Right side of my head

My head just wooden girl don’t matter what I try and I also have high blood pressure

Hello Yoneete,

There are two primary types of hair loss that cause thinning around the edges similar to what you are experiencing.

The first and most common is traction alopecia due to prolonged tension and pulling of hair around the edges. You have a margin of remaining hair growth most visible on the Right side of your scalp and this is called the fringe sign. This type of hair loss can be treated and sometimes improves with medical care. Other times surgical treatments such as Platelet Rich Plasma or hair transplants could be required.

The other condition is called Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia and causes the progressive loss of hair around the edges and the hair line keeps moving further and further back. A skin biopsy can be required to make this diagnosis and initiate treatment.

You can visit a dermatologist in your area to get the help you need. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

See the link on this page which has in the middle an example for how traction alopecia can sometimes be improved

Dr. Weaver

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Medical Hair Loss & Scalp Relief Forum.